Making a cake is one of the best parts of planning a birthday, and a theme party can help you personalise the event for your child. If your birthday boy or girl is into music, this guitar cake will be perfect for the occasion.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Two cake mixes
- One icing colour of your choice
- Black icing
- White icing in a tube
- Wax paper cut into the shape of a guitar
Using wax paper, cut the outline of a guitar from the paper to put on top of the baked cake.
Bake two 9-by-13 inch cakes according to the directions on the box.
Use one cake for the body of the guitar, and the second for the neck.
Place your wax paper cutout on top of the two cakes and carefully cut out the shape of the guitar. Use black icing to hold the two pieces together and indicate the beginning of the neck of the guitar.
Ice the body of the cake with the icing colour of your choice. Use black icing to ice the neck of the guitar. Then use white tube icing for the strings.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for