Got milk crates? Looking for milk crates? The dairy industry uses heavy plastic milk crates to transport products from their refrigerated storage to delivery trucks. The crates are then delivered to retailers. Once the retailers unload them, they return the milk crates for reuse. Milk crates make great storage containers, and you can build furniture with them as well. But, where do you get them? It's illegal to steal milk crates. In fact, most are stamped with the dairy's name and a warning about stealing them. To get your own, you need to do it legally.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Computer with Internet access
Visit Containerstore.com (see Resources) to purchase milk crates. This site sells authentic milk crates. They're available in red, white, yellow, blue and black.
Visit Melmat.com (see Resources) to purchase milk crates. This site also sells authentic milk crates. They're available in square and rectangular shapes.
Visit Advantagegrip.com (see Resources) to purchase milk crates. This site sells heavy-duty square and rectangular containers. They also sell milk crate liners, so small items don't fall out of your milk crates.
Visit Duluthtrading.com (see Resources) to purchase milk crates. This site sells authentic crates that can handle 4 gallons of milk or 15.9kg. or more.
Purchase milk crates at retailers like Walmart, K-Mart, Target and office supply stores. These plastic milk crates are lightweight and are not as sturdy as the real thing.
Tips and warnings
- You may find used plastic milk crates at places like yard sales and second-hand stores. Don't purchase milk crates that have the owners' names stamped on them. Stealing them is a misdemeanour.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for