Making a flip book out of paper is an easy project you can put together with just a few basic supplies. Flip books are meant to be flipped through quickly. Each page has a drawing that is slightly different from the previous page. When flipped through, the flipping action and drawings create the illusion of action or change.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Drawing supplies: pencils, markers or crayons
Measure and cut out pieces of paper for your flip book. Three inches square is a good size to flip easily. A 3-by-5 size would also be easy to flip. Cut the number of pages you would like your flip book to be. You can always remove or add pages later.
Neatly stack the pages on top of each other. Staple together one side of the stack. Staple the stack so the staples are vertical to the stack and they're as close as possible to the edge of the paper. Make sure all of the pages are stapled together.
Draw the first picture on the first page of your flip book. You want to show action, so keep that in mind when deciding what to draw. For example, draw a stick figure running, a person's face breaking out into a smile or a tree losing its leaves. Go to the second page and show the next step of your drawing, making the image slightly different from the first drawing. Keep drawing on each new page, depicting a slightly different action, until you complete your flip book.
Flip through your new book. Make any changes you think are necessary, including adding detail to the drawings. To remove a page, gently pull the page out of the book or use a staple remover to remove the staples first. To add a page, remove the staples, then add the page and re-staple.
Putting It Together
Tips and warnings
- Try drawing the pictures before stapling the sheets of paper together. Keep the drawings closer to the side of the page opposite the staple. That way, when you staple the opposite side, you will not staple over parts of the drawings.
- Keep your drawings simple. You can always add more detail after you have completed the basic drawings in your flip book.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for