Football banners are displayed on and around the football field during game play. Banners may feature the logo and name of sponsors and supporters who contribute money to athletic programs in return for an advertisement. Banners may also be displayed as a show of support for teams by cheerleaders and fans. Making a banner is a relatively easy process requiring only a few simple and easy-to-find supplies.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- White paper or plastic sheeting in a large size suitable for a display banner
- Large tip permanent markers
- String or zip ties
- Hole punch
Design the logo, graphics or wording to be used on the banner. Take into consideration school mascots and logos, company graphics and wording. The graphics and wording should take up as much of the banner as possible so as to be seen.
Get approval for a design before making the banner. Consult with schools, teams, sponsors and others who may need to approve a banner for display.
Lay out the wording and design of the banner with a pencil. Using a pencil allows for easy changes so you can get the correct sizing and layout of graphics, logos, and wording. When satisfied with the layout of the banner, retrace the pencil outline with a dark coloured permanent marker.
Fill in the graphics, logos or wording with various coloured permanent markers. Permanent markers will stand up to the wear and tear of being displayed at athletic events.
Punch a hole in each corner of the banner. If using string to hang the banner, tie a 1 to 2 foot piece of string in each corner using a double knot. Stretch the banner between poles or on a fence and secure using the string. Zip ties can also be used to hang the banner. Simply stretch the banner and secure to poles or a fence using zip ties through the holes in the banner and around the object to which it will be attached.
Tips and warnings
- Spray a coating of clear coat over the banner to help prevent moisture from damaging the banner.
- Make sure there is plenty of ventilation when using permanent markers for extended periods of time.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for