Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce was released in 1969. The slogan "A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal," was introduced in the early 1970s. The sauce is a tomato-based sauced combined with minced meat to create a quick, hearty meal for an entire family in 15 minutes. Creating your own sloppy joe sauce allows you to use fresh ingredients and trade any preservatives present in Manwich sauce for a healthier more customisable sloppy joe sauce.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 0.454kg. minced meat
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp dried minced garlic
- 170gr can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp finely diced bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Pinch of allspice
- 1 cup of water
Brown minced meat in a skillet and drain off the excess fat.
Combine all other ingredients in the skillet and mix well with a spoon.
Bring mixture to a boil, then lower the temperature and let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes. The longer the sauce boils, the thicker the consistency will be.
Tips and warnings
- An alternative to tomato paste is to use 227gr tomato sauce and 1 cup of ketchup. If you use tomato sauce, do not add water to the sauce.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for