If you are looking for a new and unique gift for someone in your family, you should consider making a photo mug. This would be a regular coffee mug decorated with a picture of yourself or your family. The mug will mean a lot to the recipient, and he will be able to think of you every time he uses the mug. The mug is not hard to make and can be done at home.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Measuring tape
- Color printer
- D�coupage medium
Measure the mug you plan on using. You need to know how high your picture can be.
Upload the picture you want to use to your computer. If the picture isn't from a digital camera, move onto the next step.
Print your uploaded picture on a piece of printer paper. Make sure your have a colour printer for this. If you have a paper picture, you can take it to a store such as Staples and copy it onto paper. The colour copiers run around $.49 a copy.
Cut out the picture with a pair of scissors.
Apply the picture to the mug with Aleene's Instant Decoupage Medium (see Resources). You want to use this particular brand because it dries instantly and is water resistant, which means your picture will stay on the mug even when it is washed in the sink with soap and water.
Tips and warnings
- Wrap up the mug with tissue paper and place in a gift bag for your loved one.
- Regular Elmer's glue will not keep your picture on the mug.
- Don't use original pictures. Printer paper will stick to the mug much easier.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for