Wooden lanterns are the perfect compliment to a wooden deck. A few wooden lanterns with candles create a warm ambience at night. Placing citronella candles inside will help keep the bugs away too. Using pine wood allows the smell of pine to permeate the area when the candles are burning.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Four 1-by-1 inch pieces of wood, 30 inches long
- Eight 1-by-1 inch pieces of wood, 15 inches long
- 15-by-15 inch piece of ½-inch plywood
- 4 sheets of coloured Mica
- Wood glue
- Small finishing nails
- Tape measure
Make a box shape by nailing the four 30-inch boards (the four corners) to four 15-inch boards on the bottom and four 15-inch boards on the top. The box should be 30 inches high and 15 inches square. Even the corners together and nail one board to the other with the finishing nails.
Nail the plywood to the bottom for the floor.
Measure and cut the Mica to fit each side on the inside. Glue against the 1-by-1 pieces of wood in the corners.
Set a candle inside the lantern and place outside.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for