When designing fashions for your doll, you may wish to give her a new pair of high heel shoes. Fabric high heels are normally flimsy and tacky looking. Another more authentic method is to use polymer clay. This method will allow you to shape your doll's shoes to a perfect fit and be made in whatever style and colour you wish.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Polymer clay
- Clear coat (optional)
Take the doll that you wish to make the shoes for. Mold a piece of polymer clay around the foot of the doll so that the foot is completely covered.
Form the clay into the shape of a shoe, minus the heel. Shape it in the style you desire (e.g., pointed toe or rounded toe).
Carefully peel the clay away from the doll's foot once you have shaped the shoe as desired. Try to maintain the shape as much as possible. Some reshaping my be required after removal.
Form a small piece of clay into the desired heel. Attach it to the remainder of the shoe and use a toothpick to smooth the two pieces together.
Bake the shoe as directed on the package of your polymer clay. Allow to cool completely.
Brush clear coat onto the shoe if desired and allow to dry completely.
How to Make Doll High Heel Shoes
Tips and warnings
- To form the heel of the shoe, you may choose to break off a small piece of toothpick and stick it in the shoe where the heel should be. You can then mould the clay around the toothpick into the shape of the heel you desire.
- Knead your clay before you begin shaping to allow for softer, more malleable clay.
- Shoes can be decorated with things like ribbons and lace after baking.
- Do not attempt to put the shoes on your doll before they have cooled. This could ruin your doll's feet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for