Swarovski crystals are widely accepted as the finest crystal components in the world. Select Swarovski crystal beads to make an angel as a window or holiday tree decoration or as an enhancement for your key chain, cell phone case or the rearview mirror of your car. You can make these beautiful angels with only four Swarovski crystal beads and some craft wire.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 24-gauge craft wire
- Wire cutters
- Needle-nose pliers
- 2 14-mm heart-shaped Swarovski crystal beads, top drilled
- 1 12-by-8 mm teardrop Swarovski crystal bead, side drilled
- 1 8 mm round Swarovski crystal bead, top drilled
Cut a 6-inch section of 24-gauge craft wire. Hold the wire about ¾ of the way from one end with the needle-nose pliers. Twist the pliers to create a 90 degree angle in the wire.
Thread the longest end of the wire through one of the heart beads, letting the bead stop at the bend in the wire. Thread the teardrop onto the wire then the remaining heart bead. The teardrop crystal is the angel's body, and the heart beads are the wings. Bend the wire 90 degrees as it exits from the second heart bead.
Press the wires together behind the angel's wings, or the heart beads. Twist them tightly so that the beads stay together. Lay the angel's body and wings face down on a flat surface.
Cut a 3-inch section of 24-gauge wire. Thread it through the hole in the round crystal bead so the bead is centred on the wire. Pinch the wire together and twist it once, tightly against the bead. This round crystal is the angel's head.
Place the round crystal bead at the top of the teardrop bead so the wire is at the bottom almost touching the point in the teardrop. Thread the left piece of the wire hanging from the round bead through the hole in the heart bead on the left. The wire should thread from front to back. Repeat this with the right wire and the right heart bead.
Twist the wires together, keeping the round bead at the top of the teardrop. Cut off any excess wire. Press the connecting wires together at the back of the angel so the connections are not visible from the front.
Tips and warnings
- Hang your Swarovski crystal angel with clear monofilament. You can tie the line to the back of the angel where the wires connect.
- Do not leave wire cutters accessible to children.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for