The process of ionising water breaks the hydroxyl ions, or negatively charged hydrogen molecules, which occur when water passes through water treatment plants. Part of the water treatment process is heating water and adding chemicals, which remove naturally occurring alkaline minerals. This treatment process can be overcome by ionising the water to restore healthy alkaline levels back into the water. Five methods that you can ionise water are discussed.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- pH testing kit
- Water ioniser
- Bio-ceramic filters
- External magnetic ionisers
- Alkaline concentrate
- Batch unit ioniser
Test the pH level of the water you currently drink to determine if it is between 8.0 and 10.0. If it is in this range, you have ionised water. If it is not in this range, you will need to ionise the water.
Connect a water ioniser to the kitchen sink faucet and let this machine ionise the water for you. A water ioniser uses low voltage electricity to eliminate water acidity and increase the alkaline or base level of the water. Water ioniser machines are the most expensive and popular option for ionising water.
Pass water though bio-ceramic filters to ionise water if a water ioniser is not available. This second option uses clay, stone, and selected minerals to create a magnetic resonance in the water to restore its alkalinity. This is accomplished by using clay containing large concentrations of magnetite and cobalt elements.
Pass water through magnetic fields to increase the alkalinity of water. This is a third option you can accomplish by attaching an exterior magnetic ioniser device to water pipes. These devices are used on water pipes that supply water to the home and/or appliances.
Place alkaline concentrate into an eight ounce glass of water before you drink it. This fourth option uses alkaline concentrate, which is available in liquid or tablet form. Place two drops of alkaline liquid or one alkaline tablet in a glass of water to ionise the water.
Pass water through a batch unit ioniser to re-ionise water. This fifth option processes one gallon of water at a time. The process uses electrolysis and typically takes 15 minutes. A typical batch unit ioniser is the least expensive method for ionising water.
Tips and warnings
- Ionised water is often referred to as Oxygenated Water, Micro-Water, Light Water, Miracle Water and Micro-Clustered Water.
- Water ioniser machines are the most common device used for ionising water.
- The average pH of ionised water is 9.0 (has more alkaline than normal water) and the normal pH of water is 7.0 on a scale of 1.0 to 14.0. Anything below is 7.0 indicates acid in water, with 1.0 being the most acidic. A lemon has a pH of 3.0 and antacid drugs have a pH of 8.5 to 9.0.
- Use caution any time you use electrical devices around water to avoid electrocution.
- Ionised water should never exceed a pH level of 10.0.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for