SingStar microphones are made for the SingStar games for PlayStation systems. But the microphones have a USB connection, which also allows them to work on a computer with USB capabilities. If you already own a SingStar microphone, you can use it to record audio on your computer. You can sing along with karaoke tracks on your computer or record your voice for presentations or music. Instead of purchasing a second microphone, use your SingStar microphone for your PlayStation and computer.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Insert the SingStar microphone into an available USB port on your computer.
Allow your operating system to automatically recognise and download any applicable drivers for the microphone. No drivers may be necessary, depending on your operating system. You will notice yellow notification boxes at the bottom-right corner of your screen. The installation is complete when you see the notification "New Hardware Was Successfully Installed."
Click on "Start," then "Control Panel." Select your sound card; the name will vary based on the manufacturer. One popular card is SoundMAX. Don't click "Sounds and Audio Devices."
Click the "Microphone" tab and choose "Standard Microphone" from the set-up area. Press "Setup Wizard" and follow the directions. The directions will vary based on manufacturer. All manufacturers will require you to say something into the microphone to configure it to work with your sound card.
Click "Finish" when the test is complete. Click "Apply" to apply the new microphone settings.
Tips and warnings
- If a program doesn't allow you to record audio from the SingStar microphone, check the program's settings. Your microphone may not be set as the default microphone.
- Unless instructed by the microphone set-up wizard, don't change any settings in your "Sounds and Audio Devices" section. This sections deals with choosing which sound card is used for default playback and recording. The microphone will be configured to work with your sound card. Changing the sound card settings will cause the microphone not to work properly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for