Designing clothes is something most everyone can do. There are always ways to add style to clothing without breaking your budget. T-shirts are easy to style. The cotton material does not fray so there is no need to sew down seams. With a few strategically placed holes, you can change the T-shirt into an one-of-a-kind designer item. Customising your own clothing is a way to show off your own personal style. You will never have to worry about someone having the same clothing as you.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Sewing pins
Decide where you would like to place the holes in the T-shirt you are designing. You can use sewing pins to mark the exact spots.
Trace a circle on a piece of paper. You can use a glass or bottle. Make sure that the paper pattern is not too big or small for the project.
Place the paper circle on the T-shirt where you would like the hole to be. If you are cutting more than one hole, be sure to space them at least 1 inch apart. Also, place pins to mark where the holes go so that the pattern will not be uneven. If you are cutting on a fold, you can cut a half circle for a perfect cut.
Tips and warnings
- Cut three small holes over the breast area to show off cleavage.
- Use a small circle pattern on the seams located next to the collar to expose shoulders.
- Make a hole belt by placing the paper pattern around the waist of the T-shirt.
- Always launder new T-shirts before starting a project.
- Use sharp scissors for a cleaner cut.