You'll have an easy time replacing the hinges on your Whirlpool refrigerator. It's just a matter of unscrewing and removing the parts in the correct order and then reinstalling the new parts in the opposite order. Follow the steps below to learn the right way to do it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Putty knife
- 5/16-inch hex-head socket wrench
- 5/16-inch open-end wrench
Unplug the refrigerator and remove all food and utility bins from the doors. With the door open, remove the grille from the bottom of the refrigerator. Close the door.
Remove the cover from the top hinge with the putty knife. Remove the three screws underneath, then remove the hinge. Take off the freezer door.
Remove the three screws from the centre hinge, then remove the hinge. Take off the refrigerator door.
Remove the two screws from the bottom hinge, then remove the hinge. Replace with the new hinge and insert the two screws.
Seat the refrigerator door on the bottom hinge and close the door. Fasten the new centre hinge with the three old screws.
Seat the freezer door on the centre hinge and close the door. Fasten the top hinge and replace the top hinge cover.
Replace the base grille, and plug the refrigerator back in.
Tips and warnings
- Don't depend on the magnets to hold the doors in place without the hinges. Have a helper hold the doors in place for you.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for