People all over the world struggle to combat the effects of ageing on their skin. They purchase expensive creams and lotions, undergo expensive operations and maintain rigorous fitness and diet programs, all to stave off the wrinkles for another year. But what a lot of people don't realise is that wrinkles are caused by a loss of elasticity in the skin and this can be improved or prevented by regular exercise of the facial muscles. The more toned the underlying muscles are, the better the skin will appear. So, how on earth can you find the right exercise machine for you to tone those sagging facial muscles? Below we've outlined a few steps you can take to compare and contrast machines to ensure you choose the right machine for your exercise needs.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Internet connection
Classify what areas of your face require the most work. Do you want to decrease the depth of wrinkles on your forehead or work on your crow's feet? Would you like to diminish your smile lines or take the slack out of your neck? Knowing what areas of your face you'd like to work on will make selecting products to compare much easier.
Figure out your budget. Before you can compare facial exercisers, you need to know how much you're willing to spend on one. This will allow you to narrow down your choices and eliminate those that are just too pricey to consider.
Choose three products to investigate further. These three machines should fit within your budget and perform the types of exercises you need to firm up your face. Most facial exercisers are actually electronic muscle stimulators and include a cleanser, facial pads and an after-treatment lotion, but you may find others on the market that are manual rather than electronic.
Compare features. Does one facial exerciser include an extra set of pads for placing at strategic points on the face while another offers a wider range of controls? Weigh the pros and cons of each device before proceeding.
Read customer service reviews. It's not enough to know that a product has been well-received. Rather, you must also consider how well a store performs. If you're buying from a trusted site like Amazon.com, you can skip this step, but if you're dealing with an online boutique, try to find reviews of people's experiences with the store itself. The last thing you want to have to deal with is being ripped off.
Decide on your purchase. Here is where all of your previous efforts are realised. After weighing all of your options and considering the pros and cons of each of the facial muscle exercisers on your shortlist, you can finally come to a decision. Once purchased and with proper and diligent use, your skin will likely appear more taut and firm, restoring a youthful look.
Tips and warnings
- When reading product reviews, keep the question, "how well did the product live up to its purpose?" in the back of your mind. That is what you're ultimately looking to have answered during the product comparison process.
- Be mindful of false reviews. Sometimes companies pay people to write reviews of their products to boost the item's ratings. Ignore those reviews that are too glowingly positive and instead trust those that present both the pros and the cons of the machine.
- Electronic muscle stimulators do carry risks and should not be used by pregnant women, those with pacemakers, multiple sclerosis or a nervous tissue disease.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for