While vitamin E is therapeutic for treating circulatory problems such as heart disease, varicose veins and high blood pressure, it can be beneficial to the outside of the body as well. Vitamin E oil is an effective treatment for stretch marks, psoriasis, burns and reducing skin cancer risks. There are several different ways to use vitamin E oil; all external uses supplement a regular skincare routine.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Vitamin E skin oil
- Vitamin E capsules
- Vitamin E cream
- Olive oil
Use vitamin E oil as a facial moisturiser. Warm the bottle of vitamin E oil by letting it sit in hot water for three minutes. While it is warming, wash your face with a gentle cleanser and rinse with warm water. Apply vitamin E oil to face and leave on overnight.
This is best done at night, as the oil can get very sticky. Apply it no more than twice a week, as the oil may clog pores.
Use vitamin E oil to prevent or fade stretch marks. To prevent stretch marks during pregnancy, rub vitamin E oil over the abdomen every night. Vitamin E helps the skin retain and rebuild its elasticity. To fade stretch marks that have already appeared, apply the vitamin E oil daily.
Use vitamin E oil to heal burn wounds. After the burn has cooled, apply vitamin E skin oil to the affected area. Be especially gentle when rubbing anything on burnt skin. If you have a large burn area to cover, use 2 parts vitamin E oil to 2 parts olive oil. Mix well and rub in.
Treat psoriasis and eczema with vitamin E oil by applying the oil twice a day to the affected area.
Add 3 or 4 drops of vitamin E skin oil to your sunscreen to help protect your skin from skin cancer. Vitamin E oil is also a great after-sun moisturiser.
When you get out of the sun, shower off and cover skin with vitamin E oil, while your skin is still wet. This helps seal in the water moisture, giving an added benefit to the skin.
Apply vitamin E oil to wounds to help prevent scarring as the wound heals.
Make your own vitamin E oil if you are in a pinch. Poke a hole in three vitamin E capsules, and squeeze the vitamin E into a dish with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Combine the mixture and apply, repeat this process regularly.
Apply vitamin E oil directly to hemorrhoidal tissue to provide soothing relief.
Tips and warnings
- If you find straight vitamin E oil too sticky, mix it with some olive oil before applying it to your skin. The olive oil is beneficial to the skin as well and will make the oil slide on smoother.
- Take vitamin E capsule supplements daily. Getting vitamin E oil on the inside and the outside gives your body and skin double health benefits.
- Vitamin E skin oil and capsules can be found in most pharmacies, department stores or health food stores.
- Use a very small amount of vitamin E skin oil on an area of skin to make sure you are not sensitive to it. If you have any redness or swelling where the oil was applied, discontinue its use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for