Sour cream dip is a popular addition for a variety of appetizers. Serve it chilled surrounded by carrots, cauliflower, celery, grape tomatoes, broccoli and green pepper strips. Serve it alongside potato chips, corn chips, wheat crackers or crisp breads. Sour cream dip is versatile. Start with a basic recipe of mayonnaise and sour cream, and then add your own twist. It is easy to make and is a guaranteed success at any gathering.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp dill weed
- 1 tbsp garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce (optional)
- One package of onion soup mix (optional)
- One package of ranch dip mix (optional)
Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise and 1 cup of sour cream until well blended.
Add 2 tbsp of minced onion, 2 tbsp of parsley, and 1 tsp of dill weed. Mix until well blended.
Chill the dip for one to two hours, so the flavours can mingle. Add a sprinkle of parsley on the top before serving.
Basic Sour Cream Dip
Mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, minced onion, parsley and dill weed. To this mixture, add 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
Mix the sour cream, mayonnaise, minced onion, parsley and dill weed. To this mixture, add 1 tsp of Tabasco sauce.
Combine one package of dry onion soup mix to 2 cups of sour cream (pint container). Place in the refrigerator for one to two hours to chill. Sprinkle with parsley flakes before serving.
Combine one package of ranch dip mix to 2 cups of sour cream. Place in the refrigerator for one to two hours to chill. Sprinkle with parsley flakes before serving.
Sour Cream Dip Variations
Tips and warnings
- Instead of mayonnaise, use Miracle Whip or a low-fat mayonnaise.
- Add a dash of chilli pepper, garlic pepper, or regular pepper.
- Do not leave the dip out for too long. It needs to be chilled.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for