Scalp scabs can be caused by a number health problems. In some cases, they are the result of head lice. In other cases, they are caused by eczema or other skin diseases. These conditions need to be diagnosed by a doctor. However, most scalp scabs are self-inflicted and may be the result of an obsessive-compulsive disorder. While a psychiatrist can prescribe anti-anxiety medication, both the doctor visits as well as the drugs, can be expensive.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Tea tree oil shampoo
- Tee tree oil conditioner
- Peppermint hair conditioner
- Anti-bacterial lotion
- Cortisone anti-itch lotion
Wash your hair with a tea tree oil shampoo. Massage your head as you wash. This will help loosen the scabs, and bring more circulation to the head. Leave the shampoo on your head for five minutes.
Condition your hair with tea tree oil conditioner. Massage your scalp again, and leave the conditioner on for 15 minutes.
Rinse hair and towel dry. Style and dry your hair as usual.
Mix together a drop of peppermint hair conditioner, antibacterial lotion and cortisone lotion. Rub the mixture into the scalp scabs. The antibacterial lotion will help heal the scabs and the cortisone lotion will stop the itch. The peppermint conditioner will create a tingling sensation, which is similar to the feeling you get when you pick at a scab.
Tips and warnings
- Use the peppermint conditioner when you have the urge to pick at your scalp.
- Avoid using high heat settings on your hair dryer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for