If you're in love with your Lampe Berger but hate paying the high price for "authentic" oil for it, then this project is for you. Quick and easy to make, this fragrance oil will not only scent your home, but will save you money as well. The alcohol can be found at any pharmacy and many discount chains. Fragrance oils are available in craft shops, and essential oils are carried by health food stores.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 473ml bottle of 91 per cent isopropyl alcohol
- Fragrance oil or essential oil
- Small containers with tight fitting lids
Remove the lid from the bottle of alcohol.
Add 10 to 12 drops of your favourite fragrance oil or essential oil. Feel free to experiment with combinations of oils, but don't exceed the recommended amount.
Cap the bottle tightly, and shake it gently to combine the ingredients.
Pour the Lampe oil into smaller containers with tight fitting lids, if you wish.
Store the containers of oil in a cool, dark location, where they'll keep indefinitely.
Tips and warnings
- If you have a favourite perfume, you can substitute it for the fragrance or essential oil.
- Factors that can cause your Lampe Berger to smoke are using 70 per cent rubbing alcohol, using paraffin-based oil and using more than the recommended amount of fragrance or essential oil.