Homemade skin bleach can be used to treat discoloured, sun-damaged skin. This recipe is made using natural ingredients and will leave the skin soft and smooth. It gently balances the complexion, but may take several applications to reach your desired skin tone. This recipe for homemade skin bleach yields one treatment and takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ground oatmeal
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Moisturising lotion
Add 2 tbsp ground oatmeal, 1 tbsp plain yoghurt, 1 tsp olive oil and 2 tsp lemon juice to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Stir thoroughly using a wooden spoon until a thick paste is formed. If the mixture is too thick to spread, add a dash of water and stir again. Continue until the desired consistency is reached.
Apply the mixture to any area of skin that requires bleaching. Cover the area completely and allow the homemade skin bleach to dry on the skin.
Wait 15 to 30 minutes, and then rinse the bleach away using cool water. Use a hand towel to pat the area, but do not dry it completely.
Apply a mild moisturising lotion to the bleached area of skin to prevent drying. This treatment should be repeated at least twice a week until the desired colour has been achieved.
Tips and warnings
- SPF-15 sunscreen can be used in place of moisturising lotion, especially if applied before an extended period outdoors.
- High-quality olive oil is recommended, but any quality or variety of oil can be used.
- Fresh pineapple or strawberry juice can be used in place of the lemon juice.
- Do not store this mixture. Use what is produced immediately and discard any extra.
- Do not ingest this mixture or allow it to come in contact with your eyes.