Ringworm is not only an unsightly skin condition, it is often unbearable for those who suffer from it. Ringworm is the result of a fungus, and is highly contagious. It is itchy and can burn, causing constant irritation. There are numerous over-the-counter and prescription medicines for ringworm, but not all work for everyone. There is a simple home remedy that usually works quickly for ringworm sufferers, relieving the itching almost immediately and getting rid of the ringworm in as little as 3 days. This wonderful home remedy is chlorine bleach.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Chlorine bleach
- Distilled water
- Sterile cotton swabs
- Sterile cotton balls
Put 2 cups of warm, distilled water into a glass bowl.
Add 1/3-cup of chlorine bleach to the water. Swirl around to mix.
Dip a sterile cotton swab into the bleach mixture. Apply the wet cotton swab directly to the ring worm, going 1/4 inch over the edge of the ringworm to the clear skin. Repeat this process with clean cotton swabs until the area is covered.
Leave the bleach on the skin over night or as long as possible.
Use a sterile cotton ball on the ringworm if you have a large patch you need to cover.
Tips and warnings
- If you find the bleach mixture burns your skin, dilute it with another 1/2 cup of water. On the other hand, if you are seeing no results with the bleach treatment, bring the water amount down by 1/2 cup until you see results.
- Wash all bedding and clothing that has come into contact with the ringworm in very hot water.
- Do not use straight bleach as it can burn and scar the skin.
- Once the cotton swab or cotton ball has touched the ringworm, do not return it to the bleach mixture.
- Be careful not to get the bleach mixture on clothing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for