Trivets provide a place to set hot serving dishes to prevent damaging linens and tabletops. Originally made from wrought iron, trivets are now created from a variety of materials, including wood, fabric and tile. More than just utilitarian, trivets are also decorative. You can have different trivets for holidays and special occasions. You can also give trivets as gifts. Making a ceramic tile trivet is a quick and easy craft project.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Glazed ceramic tile
- Spray adhesive
- Exacto knife
Select a glazed ceramic tile. Choosing a tile that is glazed will eliminate the need to seal the top of your ceramic tile trivet.
Spray adhesive on the back of the ceramic tile. Let the spray adhesive set for 30 to 60 seconds, until it turns from wet to tacky.
Lay a felt square on the back of the tile and gently press to glue the felt to the tile. Using felt on the back of your ceramic tile trivet will prevent it from scratching your table.
Cut the remaining felt away from the tile using an Exacto knife.
Tips and warnings
- To personalise your ceramic tile trivet, purchase a plain tile and decorate it yourself.
- When working with spray adhesive, use caution. You do not want to inhale any spray adhesive. Wear a respirator, similar to a dust mask, and safety goggles. Use spray adhesive outside or in a well-ventilated area.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for