Fleas can be a pain for pet owners, but what happens when the flea infestation isn't in your pet's hair, but in your own? Contrary to popular belief, fleas can live in human hair, and they can be difficult to get rid of.
If you want to skip a costly doctor's visit and get rid of the fleas yourself, the following home remedies are perfect for killing fleas and their eggs in human hair.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- White vinegar
- Tree oil
- Rubbing alcohol
Mix one tablespoon of white vinegar into half a cup of your favourite shampoo.
Massage the shampoo into your hair, focusing on the scalp.
Allow the shampoo to sit in your hair for 10 minutes.
Rinse thoroughly with warm water and towel dry. The vinegar should kill the fleas.
Mix one tablespoon of tree oil into a bottle of your favourite shampoo.
Shampoo your hair, concentrating on the scalp.
Allow the mixture to sit in your hair for 10 minutes, just as in the previous method. Be careful not to get this mixture in your eyes. If you do, rinse out your eyes with warm water immediately.
Rinse out the mixture with warm water.
Repeat these steps in 10 days to kill any newly hatched fleas.
Tree Oil Method
Wet your hair in the shower and pour up to one cup of rubbing alcohol into your hair. Work the rubbing alcohol all through the hair.
Rinse out the alcohol with warm water.
Repeat this wash three to four times, and you will be flea free.
Rubbing Alcohol Method
Tips and warnings
- To remove fleas from your home, make mixtures of water and any of the above ingredients. Put these mixtures into spray bottles and mist the liquid all around your home.
- If you still have flea infestations after trying out these home remedies, see a doctor.
- Do not ingest any of these mixtures. Call poison control immediately if you accidentally swallow any of them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for