Acer Inc. is one of the largest computer manufactures in the world. Based in Taiwan, the company develops and manufactures desktop and laptop computers as well as Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) under its own name, as well as digital storage devices and e-business solutions for private and public use. Acer markets an "Aspire" series, which is aimed at home user and small business use. Depending on the computer package, a recovery CD may come with the device or the user will be prompted to create one on first boot. This article will guide you on how to use the Recovery CD.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Your Computer
- Acer Recovery CD
- Driver Installation CD
Turn on you computer, if not already done. Place the Recovery Disk into your CD Drive. Restart the computer with the disk in the drive.
While the computer loads, you will be prompted to "Press any key to boot from disk." Press a key quickly as you are only given a few seconds to do so.
Follow the instructions on the screens to format your hard drive. When prompted to format the partition on your drive or to alter the partitions, select "Format" with the arrow and enter keys. Selecting "Alter" will not recover your computer.
Once the format is complete, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Accept, and while it boots again you will be prompted to "Boot from Disk," as in Step 2. Do not press any buttons this time as you have completed the formatting process already.
Windows will be reinstalled once formatting is complete. Remove the Recovery CD from the disk drive. Replace with the Driver Installation CD. Reinstall all your computers drivers with this CD.
Tips and warnings
- If you accidentally select the "Alter" option in Step 3, restart your computer using the button beneath the Power button on your computer and follow Step 2 again.
- Store any files you want to keep on an external media, such as a CD or external hard drive.
- You will lose all saved information on your hard drive, since using the Recovery CD will set your computer back to the factory default.
- Do not unplug or turn your computer off while the formatting or installation is in progress. Doing so may corrupt your hard drive and might render it unusable.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for