Spider veins are small blood vessels appearing near the surface of the skin. They are typically found on the ankles, calves, and thighs, although they can appear anywhere on the body. There are several effective ways to get rid of spider veins naturally, and many of these treatments are believed to increase circulation to the surface of the skin. Although these remedies may not have been verified by science, many people have experienced a disappearance of spider veins by using them. They are all safe and natural, so you've got nothing to lose except those unattractive spider veins.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White oak bark
- Golden seal
- Honey (optional)
- Powdered hyssop
- Powdered white cherry bark
- Powdered yellow dock root
Eliminate junk food from the diet. Adopt a simple and nourishing diet with lots of fruits and vegetables. Fried, fatty foods and animal fats should be avoided if possible and replaced with beans, peas, legumes and soy. Eating junk food can cause waste matter to accumulate in the system, causing spider veins, varicose veins and a variety of other health conditions.
Take a cold bath each morning upon waking. Rub the body first with a cold, wet towel and then with a dry one to get rid of spider veins naturally. This process increases circulation to the surface of the skin, which will help spider veins disappear and keep the blood flowing.
Make a strong tea of white oak bark by steeping two tablespoons of the dried bark in one pint of boiling water for at least 30 minutes. Strain and then bathe the affected limbs in the tea before bed each night. This is an effective folk remedy that is reported to bring relief from pain associated with spider veins and expedite their healing.
Drink a tea made of golden seal and myrrh six or seven times per day to combat spider veins naturally. Steep one teaspoon dried golden seal and ½ teaspoon dried myrrh in one pint of boiling water for 20 minutes. Strain and sweeten with honey if desired. Take a swallow of the tea once per hour, up to seven times, throughout the day.
Combine one teaspoon each powdered hyssop, white cherry bark and yellow dock root. Mix them thoroughly, and combine 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture with ¼ cup cold water. Drink this solution followed by a glass of water as hot as you can tolerate. This treatment is recommended by American herbalist Jethro Kloss for getting rid of varicose and spider veins. He suggests taking it four times per day, one hour before each meal and once before bed.
Tips and warnings
- The herbs used to get rid of spider veins can be purchased from local natural health stores or ordered online from a reputable retailer.
- If these natural remedies to get rid of spider veins do not seem to be working after several weeks, this could indicate that the valves in the veins are permanently damaged. You should consult a doctor to find out if there is anything more to be done. While spider veins are not dangerous, they can be unattractive, and a physician may be able to present you with more options.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for