Electric and gas dryers are energy hogs. Using a pulley clothes line is one of the easiest and cheapest ways to save energy. Your clothing will last longer if you air dry, and you don't have to worry about damaging delicate fabrics. Use this simple method of drying clothes by making a pulley clothes line.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 clothes line pulleys
- 2 screw hooks
- Clothes line
Install the two screw hooks. There should be a straight line between them, with no obstacles.
Attach the pulleys to the screw hooks. Make sure there is ample workspace at the pulley you'll be using to hang clothes.
Thread clothesline through both pulleys, and join the ends on the part of the line that will be on the bottom.
Pull the line as tight as possible. Connect the ends with a knot or a turnbuckle.
Test the pulley clothesline. It should move easily, but not be loose.
Tips and warnings
- Choose an open area so clothes don't touch the ground or nearby trees and bushes.
- Place the pulleys high enough up so that clothes don't touch the ground.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for