How to Obtain a Copy of Your Naturalization Certificate

Written by kallie johnson
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Pin
  • Email
How to Obtain a Copy of Your Naturalization Certificate
Naturalisation (USA image by Allyson Ricketts from

A Certificate of U.S. Naturalization is your proof of having obtained U.S. citizenship through naturalisation and is issued by the U.S. government. Obtaining a copy of this form is fairly easy and straightforward.

Skill level:

Other People Are Reading

Things you need

  • Name and personal information
  • Two identical colour photographs of yourself taken within 30 days
  • $380 filing fee

Show MoreHide


    How to Obtain a Copy of Your Naturalization Certificate

  1. 1

    Obtain a copy of form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document. This can either be done at your nearest U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office or printed from the official government website at:>

  2. 2

    Fill out form N-565. Type or print legibly in black ink only. Answer all questions fully and accurately.

  3. 3

    You must submit two identical colour photographs of yourself taken within 30 days before filing form N-565. The pictures must have a white to off-white background, be printed on thin paper with a glossy finish and be unmounted and not retouched.

  4. 4

    The filing fee is £247. Only checks and money orders will be accepted. They must be made out to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, spelt out, not abbreviated. And the check must be drawn from a bank or other financial institution in the United States. If the filing fee is not included or does not meet the above conditions, the application will be bounced back to you, with no action taken.

  5. 5

    File form N-565 with your two identical colour photographs and £247 filing fee with either the Nebraska or Texas Service Center, depending on the state where you reside.

    If you reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania ,Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Virgin Islands, Vermont or West Virginia, submit your N-565 to the Texas Service Center at: DHS/USCISTexas Service Center PO Box 851182 Mesquite, TX 75185-1182.

    If you reside in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa,Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, or Wyomin,g submit your N-565 to the Nebraska Service Center at: DHS/USCISNebraska Service Center PO Box 87565 Lincoln, NE 68501-7565.

Don't Miss

  • All types
  • Articles
  • Slideshows
  • Videos
  • Most relevant
  • Most popular
  • Most recent

No articles available

No slideshows available

No videos available

By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.