Although most stainless steel refrigerators have a protective finish on them, it is still possible for scratches to form. If you find a scratch on your stainless steel refrigerator, you likely want it gone to keep the appliance looking its best. Use the right products and methods to remove scratches from stainless steel refrigerators so you don't damage the surface further.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Non-metallic abrasive scouring pad
- 400-grit sandpaper
- 150- or 200-grit sandpaper
- Stainless steel cleaner
Rub the scratch lightly with a non-metallic abrasive scouring pad. Run the pad in the direction of the stainless steel grain using long, even strokes.
Sand the area with 400-grit sandpaper. Work in the direction of the grain.
Sand the area again, this time with a 150- or 200-grit sandpaper. Sand in the direction of the grain until the scratch has blended in.
Clean the refrigerator with a stainless steel cleaner and a soft cloth.
Tips and warnings
- You can determine the direction of the grain on the stainless steel refrigerator by looking for which direction the brush marks are going in the steel. Always sand or brush with the direction of the grain.
- Use extreme caution when attempting to remove scratches from your stainless steel refrigerator. Keep in mind that it may take off some of the finish. If the scratches are deep, it may be necessary to contact a professional.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for