Coleman camping gear is known for its durability and usefulness on the trail. The same packability and convenience that is seen in Coleman stoves has been carried over to the Coleman 2-man backpacking dome tent. The Coleman 2-man tent is easily set up and provides a secure, dry shelter from the elements. Follow these simple steps to get your tent set up in record time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Begin by unpacking the tent and laying all of the pieces out on the ground. Unroll the tent itself and stretch it out flat on the ground. Make sure to remove any sticks or sharp rocks that could puncture the bottom of the tent and situate the door in the direction you want it.
Find the stakes and use the hammer to hammer down all of the corners and the middle of each side. Put all of the fibreglass poles together and select the two longest poles. Slide these poles into the sleeves, making an "X" on top of the tent. Secure each end at its respective corner. This should lift the ceiling of the tent up.
Unroll the rainfly and spread it over top of the tent. Retrieve the last, short pole and slide it into the sleeves at the front of the rainfly. Secure each of the corners of the rainfly to the loops on the sides of the tent, unzip the tent door, and move your stuff in!
Tips and warnings
- Bringing an extra tarp or plastic sheeting to lay down on the ground prior to staking the tent down can help you avoid wet sleeping arrangements later on.
- Be sure to stake down all of the corners and even the mid sections of the tent because even with slight winds the tent can turn over.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for