Organic herbs can be used in cooking, for medicinal purposes and even for ornamentation. These herbs can be especially potent because they have not been treated with chemicals, pesticides and preservatives. Purchasing organic herbs in bulk can help you save money and give you a chance to use more herbs in everyday cooking, or medicinally when creating tonics and aromatherapy treatments. You can purchase bulk organic herbs through online distributors, or from a natural foods store.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Credit card
- Shipping address
- Storage containers
Purchase organic herbs by the pound from Starwest Botanicals (see Resources). This company offers a diverse selection of over 130 varieties of herbs and spices. These an be used in recipes, organic therapeutic remedies and consumed as a nutritional supplement. Larger bulk orders may also qualify for free shipping.
Buy bulk herbs from your local natural foods co-op. Visit the Co-op Directory to find the nearest natural foods wholesaler near you (see Resources). Coops offer discounts on bulk items and may require a membership.
Place a phone or online order for bulk organic herbs with Mountain Rose Herbs (see Resources). This company specialises in sustainable foods and organic agriculture, and offers a large selection of bulk dried herbs, botanicals and seasonings.
Save money on bulk organic herb purchases at Green Herb Cafe. This company sells herbs in packaged zipper-sealed bags to cut down on overall costs. Most herbs are priced between £2 and £6 per pouch.
Place an online order for bulk organic herbs from Osage Gardens. These organic herb growers are based in Colorado, and have been shipping herbs nationwide since 1992. You can complete an order form on the company's "Buy" page to place an order for 85.1gr. packages, 0.113kg. bags and 1-pound bags of herbs.
Tips and warnings
- Many coops only accept cash or check payments
- Most online bulk herb distributors will accept major credit cards or PayPal payments
- Look for proof or organic certification when buying natural foods online; not all distributors may be selling organic-certified products
- When comparing prices, make sure you factor in the cost of shipping; some vendors price shipping based on weight or volume, while others impose flat-rate fees or offer free shipping to select destinations.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for