The Xbox 360 is Microsoft's second video-game console. Xbox 360 games can get scratched after heavy use, or when you trade them among your friends. Problems have also been reported concerning the Xbox 360's disk rotation, which could cause scratching. Although it's not always possible to fix an Xbox 360 game disk after it has been scratched, there are a few steps you can try before you buy a new game.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Eyeglass-polishing cloth
- Windex or other liquid glass cleaner
- Carnauba car wax
Blow on the disk to remove excess dust. Gently brush off any stubborn dust from the disk with a clean, dry paintbrush.
Use a clean eyeglass-polishing cloth to polish the disk in a vertical motion. Wipe from the inside of the disk to the outside -- do not polish the disk in a circular motion.
Apply a small amount of glass cleaner to the polishing cloth. Again, polish in a vertical motion, moving from the inside to the outside of the disk. Let the disk dry.
Place a very small amount of Carnauba car wax on the polishing cloth. Polish the disk in the same vertical, outward motion. The car wax will fill in any small scratches.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure there is no moisture or leftover car wax on the disc when you try the game to see if it works. Carefully wipe off any excess and let the game dry.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for