The Burberry brand is more than 150 years old, which makes it older than other prestigious brands such as Gucci, Prada and Dolce&Gabbana. Burberry also has a long reputation as being one of the finest purveyors of luxury goods in the world. As a result, there are many fake Burberry products and merchandise being sold by vendors looking to make a quick buck by lying to unknowing customers. The only sure way to avoid purchasing a fake Burberry shirt is to buy it from an actual Burberry boutique.
- Skill level:
Make sure the logo on the tag and anywhere else on the shirt is spelt in all upper case letters: BURBERRY, not Burberry or Burberry's. Also, make sure that the tag spells out LONDON in all-capital letters directly below the Burberry imprint.
Check for loose stitches and any other evidence of subpar craftsmanship. As a respected label, Burberry takes pride in its quality craftsmanship, so if you notice fabric glue, uneven stitches, mismatched buttons or a defective zipper, there's a very high chance that the shirt is a fake.
Make sure the classic Burberry Nova check lines are lined up in perfect horizontals. On a fake shirt, the check lines are usually diagonal.
Make sure the merchandise has a serial number. Every Burberry shirt, and any other piece of clothing, has a unique serial number stamped on a white label inside it. This number can help determine whether the product is fake or authentic.
Make sure the Burberry shirt you want comes with a receipt and is fully refundable whether you are buying it online or from a store. If the retailer guarantees a refund, it is highly unlikely that the shirt is a fake. Also, this will ensure that you will be able to return the product if you are unsatisfied for any reason.
Tips and warnings
- Buy the Burberry shirt directly from a Burberry boutique or the official website. This is the best way to guarantee that you are buying an authentic Burberry shirt and not a fake.
- Don't buy any Burberry merchandise from online auction sites, as there is a great chance that those products will be fake.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for