North Face jackets are designed for winter protection from the cold and snow. The jackets are breathable and waterproof. Jackets made from Gore-Tex and fleece are relatively maintenance free. Down North Face jackets require special handling. These instructions for washing North Face jackets are easy to follow.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Washer and dryer
- Cold water
- Powder detergent
Zip up all the zippers and close any Velcro fasteners.
Put your Gore-Tex jacket in the washing machine with mild powder detergent. Do not use liquid detergent. It can make the coating less effective.
Use cold water and the gentle cycle.
Run your North Face jacket through the rinse cycle twice.
Dry the jacket on low heat. Press with a cool iron if necessary.
Turn jackets made of fleece inside out before washing.
Have down jackets professionally cleaned by an expert.
Tips and warnings
- Check the cleaning instructions that are sewn into the jacket.
- Never use bleach or fabric softeners.
- Do not dry clean.
- Never store wet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for