A cover letter for your curriculum vitae is the opportunity to tell a prospective employer why you are the person for the job. Albeit an intimidating task, a cover letter can be the easiest step in the employment process. This letter gives a glimpse of what to expect in your curriculum vitae, as well as what to expect having you as an employee.
- Skill level:
Note the description of the position for which you are applying. Make sure that you fit the qualifications of the position by reviewing the job requirements.
Acknowledge and thank the employer for taking the time to review your application for employment.
Inform the employer of your qualifications. Use the qualifications the employer listed as a guide.
Outline your professional accomplishments. Cover letters tell an employer why you are the best person for the job.
Include any additional information that will help you complete the job, such as having a cell phone or home office set-up.
Add details of personal accomplishments. Possessing good interpersonal skills and accomplishments outside the workplace are also important to prospective employers.
Let's Get Started
Tips and warnings
- When submitting a cover letter, include details of your home office set-up.
- Personalise each cover letter to fit the position for which you are applying.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for