Changing the oil in your Honda lawnmower is just as important as changing the oil in your vehicle. Regular oil changes help your lawnmower running more efficiently and also make it last longer. Refer to your owner's manual for recommendations of specific oil to use in your mower.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- New oil
- Rags or paper towels
Start the engine and run the mower until the engine is warm; then shut off the engine.
Turn the fuel valve to the "Off" position to reduce the possibility of leakage.
Wipe the oil-fill area clean, then remove the dipstick.
Place a suitable oil container next to the mower and tilt the mower to the right side. Allow the oil to drain completely. Wipe away any excess oil from the fill area with a rag.
Fill with recommended oil. SAE 10W-30 oil is recommended for general use. Use the dipstick to check the oil level. Do not overfill.
Replace the oil cap securely.
Tips and warnings
- Using a non-detergent oil can shorten the service life of the engine.
- Do not use 2-stroke oil.
- Dispose of your used oil properly by taking it to a recycling centre. Do not discard used oil in the trash or dump it on the ground.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for