Toy soldiers have been around for centuries. The first toy soldiers were made of stone, wood or metal. Artisans crafted toy soldiers for the wealthy prior to the 18th century. The advent of the industrial revolution and factory production in the 1700s led to toy soldiers being mass-produced for the first time. German manufacturers were producing toy soldiers made of tin in the 1730s. More than 200 manufacturers of toy soldiers are located around the world. Today soldiers are made from plastic or metal and are available painted or unpainted.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet access
- PayPal account
- eBay account
Log onto the Internet and visit Plastic Soldier Review, Michigan Toy Soldier Company, The Soldier Company and The Toy Soldiers Depot. Browse the selection of toy soldiers by the material they're made from and by price.
Search for "toy soldier" on eBay. Narrow your search results by searching for the specific type of toy soldier you want to buy, such as plastic, lead, tin or antique toy soldiers. Open a buyer's account on eBay to purchase items from eBay stores and pay for the toy soldiers using a PayPal account. Bid on toy soldiers that are available for auction on eBay and pay using a PayPal account if you win the bid.
Visit flea markets, used toy sellers and yard sales in your area. Read the classified section of your local newspaper to find listings for "toys." Conduct a search for "toy soldiers" in the "for sale" section on craigslist.org.
Tips and warnings
- PayPal and eBay are secure ways to buy on the Internet and offer buyers protection against fraudulent transactions.
- Antique toy soldiers may be made entirely of lead or have lead paint. Lead is extremely toxic. Do not allow children to play with lead toys.
- Do not give anyone your home address or telephone number when contacting sellers on craigslist. Communicate through the email link provided by the seller and arrange to meet the seller with the merchandise at a public location.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for