Making your own fragrance for personal use gives you complete freedom to mix the exact fragrance that you like best. Making a simple perfume is easy and inexpensive. Most perfumes are a mix of water, alcohol and essential oils for scent. Follow this recipe to make coconut perfume.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 5 tsp perfumers alcohol
- 10 drops coconut essential oil
- 1 cup distilled water
Stir the coconut essential oil into the alcohol one drop at a time. Stir slowly until completely mixed.
Let the alcohol and oil mixture stand for 48 hours.
Add the distilled water to the alcohol and oil slowly, stirring until completely mixed. Tap water contains too many contaminants and trace minerals to be used for perfume, so only use distilled water.
Store the mixture in a cool, dark place for 3 weeks or more to mature.
Pour the matured perfume through a coffee filter into a bottle with a stopper, a spray bottle or a clean, empty perfume bottle.
Tips and warnings
- If you can't get a hold of perfumers alcohol, vodka will do fine in a pinch.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for