A diaper cupcake is a small, decorative gift made from a rolled up diaper. You can make a whole batch of diaper cupcakes as a useful gift for a new mother, or use the cupcakes as adorable keepsake shower favours for the guests. You can coordinate the diaper cupcakes with the colour scheme of the baby shower by using coloured cupcake paper cups and tying brightly coloured ribbons around each cupcake.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Newborn or size 1 diaper
- Elastic band
- 1/2 inch wide ribbon
- Paper cupcake cups
Lay one newborn or size one diaper on your working surface with the picture side facing upward.
Roll the diaper up like a jellyroll. Roll the diaper on an angle so that the centre protrudes slightly from the top of the jellyroll.
Wrap an elastic band around the roll, about one-third of the way up from the bottom.
Cut a 12-inch-long piece of ribbon that is 1/2 inch wide.
Wrap the ribbon around the jellyroll and tie the ribbon in a bow. Wrap the ribbon over the elastic band to hide.
Place the diaper cupcake into a metallic or coloured paper cupcake cup.
Tips and warnings
- When making the diaper cupcakes as a gift for a new mother, layer the bottom of a box with tulle and place six to 12 diaper cupcakes in the box. Wrap a large ribbon around the box and tie in a bow.
- When making the diaper cupcakes as a baby shower favour, arrange the individual diaper cupcakes on a multi-tier cupcake tray to double as a shower decoration.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for