A scented oil burner, also known as an oil warmer, is a ceramic or glass receptacle that houses a heat source and a reservoir of scented oil. The burner warms the oil, releasing the scent into the room. Scented oil burners can be very decorative, and some are even electrically powered. You can create a simple oil burner at home mostly using materials found around the house, and your choice of scent.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Shallow ceramic cup
- Tea candle
- Ceramic or glass bowl
- Scented oil
Place a tea candle in the bottom of a shallow ceramic or glass cup. Light the tea candle.
Pour scented oil of your choice into the bottom of a ceramic or glass bowl. The layer of oil should be no more than 1 inch deep.
Place the bowl on top of the cup. The heat from the tea candle will warm the oil, releasing the scent.
Tips and warnings
- Try decorating your mug with rinestones, foil ribbons and glitter paint for a personalized piece of art.
- Use only a ceramic bit on your drill, otherwise the mug will shatter and cause injury
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for