Whether you are replacing a broken toilet seat or updating, Kohler has a variety of seats that you can choose from. The company offers everything from elongated, heated and basic seats. If choosing a standard model toilet seat from Kohler, the installation instructions are pretty simple. You are only going to need a few tools and a little elbow grease. Listed below is a guide to installing the following Kohler model toilet seats: K-4635, K-4639, K-4713 and K-4732.
Things you need
Soft scrub cleanser
Flat blade screwdriver
Remove the old toilet seat and any mounting hardware connected to it. Throw the old seat away as well as any old hardware. You don't want to mix up the new with the old.
Using a soft scrub cleanser that will not scratch the porcelain, clean the toilet surface where the old seat was attached. Don't forget to clean the bottom surface where the old hardware was attached.
Lift the hinge covers on the new seat before placing it on the toilet. Align the new seat to the mounting holes and insert the two bolts.
Thread a nut onto each bolt, making sure that the new seat is in the proper position before tightening.
Using the wrench and screwdriver, tighten the nuts making sure not to over-tighten them. Once the hinge covers are closed, the job is complete.
- Measure your seat before you purchase a new one so you buy the correct size. Assemble the necessary tools before starting the job.
- Using a hard abrasive cleanser may scratch the porcelain. A soft scrub cleanser is recommended. Over-tightening the bolts may crack the porcelain.
Tips and Warnings
- Measure your seat before you purchase a new one so you buy the correct size.
- Assemble the necessary tools before starting the job.
- Using a hard abrasive cleanser may scratch the porcelain. A soft scrub cleanser is recommended.
- Over-tightening the bolts may crack the porcelain.
Things you need
- Soft scrub cleanser
- Flat blade screwdriver
- Adjustable wrench