Joining two twin beds together to make a king size bed is not only easy, it is ideal for creating a larger bed without the investment of buying a brand new one. Joining together two twin beds is also the perfect solution if a larger bed frame will not fit inside your door. King size beds already come with twin size box springs. The only difference is in the size of the top mattresses. Purchasing a Create-A-King kit provides you with everything you need to create a king size bed out of two twins.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Velcro belt
- Snap-shut buckle
- Sheepskin pad
- Mattress pad
Purchase a Create-A-King kit (see Resources below).
Attach the large Velcro belt all the way around both twin size mattresses.
Secure the snap-shut buckle on the end of the Velcro so it tightly holds the two beds together.
Place the 8-inch wide sheepskin centre strip down the middle of the beds to eliminate the crack.
Attach both ends of the sheepskin pad to the Velcro strips on each side.
Lay a king size mattress pad and a sheet over the bed to hide the fact that there are two twin mattresses.
Tips and warnings
- Turn the twin size beds sideways to create a king size bed that does not have the crack down the middle.
- Connect two double beds together to create a California king.
- Use the 8-inch sheepskin pad for firmer mattresses, and the 12-inch pad for plusher mattresses.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for