An RSD file is a type of file format used by computer databases built using structured query language (SQL). RSD files are often encountered when programming a database using computer data management software such as REALbasic. Knowing how to open an RSD file and edit it is critical for successful database programming.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open the REALbasic database software program. If you do not own a copy, purchase and download the software at the Real Software website. REALbasic is available for computers running either Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems.
Click on "File" in the task bar and select "Open File..." from the menu.
Select your RSD file in the "Open File" dialogue box that appears. The REALbasic software will then open the RSD file and extract the appropriate SQL data from the database file.
Save the RSD file after editing it and upload to your online server or a similar backup drive.
Alternatively, open an RSD file by uploading it to your Web server and using a database access program such as phpAdmin to open the file using SQL commands such as "GetFolderItem("filename.rsd")".
Tips and warnings
- Using a program such as REALbasic is easier and faster than using SQL commands to open the RSD file.
- Back up all of your computer files before trying to extract data from an RSD file in case it creates a system conflict on your computer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for