Look at the ingredient label of your favourite liquid foundation, and you might see chemicals such as silicone, propylene glycol, synthetic fragrances and sodium laureth sulphate. Such chemicals can block pores and cause irritation, according to "The Green Beauty Guide" by Julie Gabriel. In contrast, mineral make-up is often made with such fine powder that it can stick to your skin's surface without any binding chemicals. Buy natural mineral powder and create your own preservative-free liquid foundation to avoid putting chemicals on your skin.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 tsp mineral powder foundation
- 1/2 cup aloe vera gel
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- Small bowl
- Small funnel
- 227gr. container with lid
Find the perfect shade of mineral powder for your skin. Your liquid foundation will be the same pigment.
Mix 1 tsp of mineral powder foundation, 1/2 cup of aloe vera gel and 1/2 cup of cocoa butter in a small bowl.
Test a small amount of the liquid on your skin. If the colour isn't quite right, try adding a pinch of lighter or darker mineral powder. Stir and test it again.
Insert a small funnel into the 236ml. container and pour in the liquid foundation from the bowl. Seal the lid until you are ready to use.
Tips and warnings
- Shake the container before using if the mixture has separated.
- Dispose of the liquid foundation after 30 days to avoid bacterial contamination and loss of potency.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for