Rhino (rhino3d.com) is a 3-D modelling tool available for the PC and Mac. This software program is useful for industrial design, jewellery design, marine design, aircraft design, architecture or any other design field that requires complex 3-D computer modelling. Rhino enables you to create free-form models with extreme precision, in collaboration with design teams of any size. Making the most of Rhino's powerful and sophisticated features requires training and practice to achieve optimal results.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Rhino software
Download the evaluation software at rhino3d.com/download.htm. The trial version of Rhino offers all the functionality of the paid version, but allows you to save only 25 times. You can continue to use the software for training purposes after 25 saves, but the save functionality no longer works. Plug-ins also stop working after 25 saves.
Read the Rhino user guide, which you can download at rhino3d.com/tutorials.htm. This guide helps new users to learn basic Rhino features and techniques. You must have installed the latest version of Rhino before the site allows you to download the user guide.
Take a Rhino training course. The Rhino website offers an extensive collection of Rhino training material, including books, lessons, video tutorials and industry-specific training guides, such as Rhino for jewellery design or car modelling. Training content is available on CD, on DVD and online. Most self-paced Rhino training courses are inexpensive or free.
Optionally, take an instructor-led course if you learn best from hands-on training with a live instructor. Although this option is the most expensive, classroom-based training can help you learn faster and master complex skills. The Rhino website offers a detailed list of on-site Rhino training classes around the world. Rhino also offers several instructor-led courses online.
Experiment with the software. After familiarising yourself with Rhino and taking some training courses, practice what you've learnt. Grow your skills by trying new features and techniques. Rhino is a complex program that requires experience to master. Be patient, and give yourself time to learn Rhino.
Tips and warnings
- View the gallery on the Rhino website for inspiration for your own designs. The Rhino gallery includes samples for footwear, furniture, film sets, aircraft, spacecraft and more.
- Students with proof of academic status are eligible to purchase Rhino and take selected instructor-led training classes at a reduced cost.
- Rhino offers a wiki and support newsgroups in multiple languages that provide answers to questions you might have while learning this software.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for