Eliminate the hassle of digging through your make-up bag each morning to find the right make-up brush, and store your brushes in a cleaner and easier-to-use container. According to cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Jessica Wu, make-up brushes are a host for bacteria, dirt, oil, dead skin cells and even fungus. Just imagine what kind of oil and acne-causing bacteria are lurking in your dirty make-up bag. In just a matter of minutes, you can create your own cute make-up brush holder that will make getting ready easier on you and healthier for your skin.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 4-by-4-inch square glass vase
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton ball
- Acrylic paint and paintbrush
- 227gr bag of 3mm vase filler pellets
Wash your vase to remove all dust or grime, and wipe down the outside surface with a cotton ball saturated with rubbing alcohol so that the paint will stick to the glass. Dry your vase thoroughly.
Paint a design of your choice onto the outside of your vase with acrylic paint, and allow 30 minutes for it to dry.
Pour the entire 227gr bag of vase filler into your vase, and place your make-up brushes in the vase handle-side down.
Tips and warnings
- Instead of filler pellets, use sand, marbles, glass gems or small rocks.
- Add a ribbon to your container by securing it in place with a hot glue gun.
- Filler pellets are a chocking hazard; keep them out of reach of small children.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for