Summer is the perfect time to whip up an easy-to-make, creamy cucumber salad. Consisting of bite-sized cucumbers, mild yoghurt, cool sour cream and seasonings, it is a satisfying and healthy side dish. Bring refreshing creamy cucumber salad to your next picnic or barbecue and enjoy it alongside summertime favourites such as hot dogs and hamburgers. The salad can also be easily prepared in advance, covered and stored in the refrigerator for later use.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 1/2 cups plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup fresh minced dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
Clean and peel cucumbers, then slice in half lengthwise.
Scoop out the seeds. Coarsely chop the cucumbers into small, bite-sized pieces.
Add onion, yoghurt, sour cream, garlic powder and dill.
Mix thoroughly, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve right away, or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Tips and warnings
- You may also slice cucumbers into thin, round pieces.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of yoghurt and sour cream based on your preference.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for