The Canon PIXMA MP970 All-in-One Inkjet Printer was designed with advanced technology that lets you easily preview, scan, copy and print documents and photographs. It’s fast, too. The MP970 can print a 4" x 6" photo at 9600 x 2400 colour dpi in about 35 seconds. Because the printer utilises a 7-color ink system, it can produce photos that are richer and more lifelike than standard 4-colors systems. If the printing becomes faint, or colours are incorrect even if ink remains in the ink tanks, the print head nozzles may be clogged. If print results are not satisfactory after cleaning the print head, you might need to perform a print head alignment.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Press and release the On/Off button located in the upper left-hand corner of the operations panel to turn the power on. Open the sheet feed cover on the rear paper tray. Pull out the paper support until it stops at its fully extended position.
Open the paper output tray. Flip the paper output tray extension out. Load a sheet of letter-sized plain paper in the rear tray. Slide the paper guide to the right until it is snug against the left side of the paper.
Press and release the Home button on the control panel. The Home screen will be displayed on the LCD panel. Press the Up or Down Arrow button to scroll through the menu. Select the Settings option. Press and release the OK button. Select the Maintenance option. Press and release the OK button. Select the Auto head align option. Press and release the OK button.
Wait for the confirmation screen to be displayed on the LCD panel. Select the Yes option. Press and release the OK button. Wait for the printer to automatically align the print head and print the alignment sheet. This process should take approximately 4 minutes.
Tips and warnings
- You cannot feed paper from the cassette when performing automatic print head alignment. Always load paper in the rear tray.
- The final print head alignment pattern will be printed in black and blue.
- If adjustment was not done successfully, the "Auto head align has failed." error message is displayed on the LCD.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for