The Pokemon Trading Card Game was spawned from the Pokemon video game series. Kids love playing the collectable series of cards. The cards were initially produced and sold in Japan. Two years later they were introduced in North America. Here are the steps to purchasing Pokemon cards so that you can get the best deal.
- Skill level:
Decide how much money you have to spend.
Determine what Pokemon cards from what sets you are interested in buying. You can either buy singles, packs, boxes, cases of boxes, which are 36 boxes of 36 packs, partially completed sets or complete sets.
Single cards can sometimes be found at card shops. Booster packs of newer sets can usually be found at retail stores and also at card shops. Boxes and cases of boxes can either be bought directly from the manufacturer, eBay, online Trading Card Game stores and Amazon. You may also be able to trade cards you already have for the ones you want on a trading site or forum. You might also be able to find some at local jumble sales and auctions. Older sets are the hardest to locate.
Compare prices and find out the value of the cards you want to buy. Check completed listings on eBay. Price guide are not always accurate.
Purchase the Pokemon cards you want.
Tips and warnings
- If you want older cards, you can buy singles, partically completed sets or complete sets off eBay, online Pokemon stores or trading sites.
- If you want to purchase single cards from a new set, you will probably have to pay a large sum for the best cards, so purchase packs or boxes instead.
- Purchasing booster packs and boxes do not guarantee that you will receive the card you want. Packs hold 9 to 11 random cards from the corresponding set with a guaranteed rare and reverse holo. Booster boxes hold 36 packs of 9 to 11 random cards.
- First-edition cards will have a stamp at the bottom left corner of the picture on the card.
- If purchasing single Pokemon cards or complete sets, always make sure the cards are authentic.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for