Making an easy and tasty vegetarian lasagne requires only a few ingredients and about an hour of your time. For the casual cook, making lasagne may seem challenging but it is really quite straightforward. Further, with a few simple substitutions or additions, you can make an even healthier vegetarian lasagne.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 9-by-13-inch casserole dish
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 8 to 10 lasagne noodles
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 0.454kg. mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan
- 1 egg
Preheat your oven to 177 degrees Celsius.
Cook the lasagne noodles according to the package directions.
Grate the Parmesan cheese and set it aside.
Grate the mozzarella and mix it in a bowl with the ricotta cheese. Beat the egg and stir it into the cheese mixture.
Spread half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish followed by half of the noodles and then half of the cheese mixture. Repeat.
Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the top of the entire lasagne.
Bake for 40 minutes, and remove the lasagne from the oven. Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips and warnings
- Use whole grain noodles and low fat/low sodium cheeses for a healthier lasagne.
- You can create a different dish by adding fresh spinach to the layers and or zucchini strips, sliced vertically, brushed with olive oil and browned in the oven.
- Hide the vegetables from your picky eaters by dicing the spinach into the sauce.
- If you put noodles on the top layer, they are more likely to burn.
- This recipe is for vegetarians, not vegans.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for