Affiliate marketing is a growing Internet business field that is similar to a referral business. Traffic is key to any business, but in the world wide market of the Internet it is king. Online businesses often hire affiliate marketers to drive traffic to their websites to buy products. Affiliate marketers are given a hefty commission on each sale made from a customer they sent to the company.
- Skill level:
Decide on a niche market. Every niche has a sales opportunity, which means there is an affiliate marketing opportunity. Stick with what you already know about and it will cut down on research and make it easier to establish yourself as an expert on the topic.
Open an account with ClickBank, Commission Junction, eBay, Google and Amazon to find companies actively seeking affiliate marketers. ClickBank and Commission Junction are just two of many companies offering listings of websites in need of affiliate marketers. Amazon, eBay and Google all have their own affiliate sales programs.
Go to Google’s Keyword Analysis tool to find the best keywords for the item(s) you are marketing. It is important to find keywords that are highly searched with low competitiveness. The entire Internet operates on keywords and keyword density, it is how the search engines find you. Using appropriate keywords in your affiliate marketing campaigns is the only free way to draw traffic to your site and induce sales.
Choose the target audience for your affiliate marketing campaign. If you enjoy social networking sites such as Digg, Facebook and MySpace, then establish yourself as an expert in your field and garner a following of your articles and advice. Add affiliate links to your signatures and ask friends to read and respond to your campaigns.
Publish SEO (Search Engine Optimized) content with affiliate links embedded in as many places as you are allowed. Do not spam message boards, forums or e-mail accounts. Simply write as much information in article form and publish it online. Squidoo and Hubpages are both good places to start.
Start your own blog on one specific category and host it yourself so you don‘t violate any affiliate marketing terms on a group hosted site like Blogger or WordPress. If you plan to sell for more than one niche, open a separate blog for each area of interest. For example, if you want to sell a dog training program and a cat grooming tool, open two separate blogs.
Tips and warnings
- By starting an affiliate marketing campaign through strong SEO writing skills you will build a stronger reputation and following in several communities throughout the world. People are always more willing to buy from people they know and trust. You can also establish yourself as an expert in any field by writing interesting well thought out articles that provide answers. Including affiliate links in each article and in your signatures across the web is the key to grabbing the business.
- Blogs are free to start and test, and they only cost a few dollars per year to host. So test as many different layouts as you can think of and track which one draws the most traffic. Host the best one and place your articles with affiliate links in the web traffic world.
- Don’t jump into pay-per-click advertising to start an affiliate marketing career. Using pay-per-click advertising without knowledge of keywords or organic SEO writing is a pure gamble.
- Never pay a program or buy a kit to get rich in the field of affiliate marketing. Everything you need to learn is free and available on the Internet.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for