Having twins is a huge and often unexpected financial undertaking. All those normal baby expenses such as diapers, wipes and formula are now doubled. Even couples who are financially secure may feel the strain on their bank account. Because of this, numerous companies offer free products and special discounts to mothers of multiples. It takes only a little bit of time, but the rewards of pursuing these special offers can be great.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Babies' birth certificates
Send a copy of the twins' birth certificates to Carnation Good Start Formula at P.O. Box AW, Wilkes Barre, PA 18703. Address it "Attention: Nestle Infant Nutrition." The Carnation Company will send you six containers of its formula.
Send a copy of the twins' birth certificates to The First Years, Attn: Multiple Birth, 100 Technology Center Dr., Suite 2A, Stoughton, MA 02072, and you will receive a sampling of its products for your new babies.
Call the Kimberly-Clark Company at 1 (800) TEL-SCOT to receive free mailing labels to send copies of your twins' birth certificates. You will then receive coupons for free Huggies diapers.
Call Proctor and Gamble customer service at 1 (800) 543-0480 for coupons for free diapers.
Go to the websites for Gerber, Triaminic, Evenflo and Beechnut Baby Food. All of them have sign-ups to receive high-value coupons for their products. Evenflo also gives away free baby bottles.
Tips and warnings
- If you don't want your e-mail to be flooded with "special offers," set up a separate e-mail to use when signing up for online offers. This way the increased junk mail won't fill your inbox and interfere with your personal e-mail.
- Companies are always changing their promotional items, so be on the lookout for new opportunities.
- Whatever products you already use, go to the company's website to see if they offer any coupons or samples.
- Companies can change their policies on giving away items and coupons at any time.
- Be prepared to wait for your free samples; it often takes several weeks for samples to arrive.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for